Update planned for the "Claims Guide"

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2010 at 4:43 PM

We are planning a small update for the claims guide in the next couple weeks. The 2 main tasks I have in my list are:

1. Upgrade the samples to work on VS2010
  2. Update the "dependency checker"
  3. Have a "printer friendly" PDF available for download

Would this be enough? Anything else you'd like to include?

Note that this release is intended to be a like a "Service Pack" (no major new features) because I want to address important issues more quickly.

Aug 9, 2010 at 7:14 PM
This is one of the best sources of information I have found. You guys have done an awesome job but I have few small gripes regarding the source code & VisualStudio Projects. -Using MVC in the code make the code that much harder to follow. Don't get me wrong using MVC is cool but it just add complexity to an already complex situation. -The ToolTip Custom control also adds complexity. The use MVC and the ToolTip are really unnecessary because they have no relation to WIF and WIF can function without them. Instead of having all of the samples use MVC, MVC should have been regulated to a "bonus chapter" project so that the reader can focus on the core of the guide. Thanks, Jay
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2010 at 7:51 PM
Thanks tech66! The only sample that uses MVC is the last one (3-FederationWithMultiplePartners). All the rest use plain Webforms. Ironically, the tooltip is there to provide contextual help while you run the app... we'll take a look. We definitely don't want to make things more complicated than they should. Thanks again! Eugenio
Apr 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM

I have to disagree, I thought having the mvc sample gave me a really good insight into how I could get this running in our production apps that are mvc.  I would like to see more a few more with possibly an mvc 3 sample. ;)