IIS7, Win 7, ClaimsId Sample Application

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Hi--

I just downloaded the claimsid sample application today. I'm running VS 2010, .NET4, and IIS7 on Windows 7. I ran the 'check dependency' application and had it do all of the installation of server certificates, configuration of IIS to support the sample web apps, etc. However, no matter what I do, I cannot use any of the claimsAware applications.

Here is the error when I try to navigate to "https://localhost/a-Expense.ClaimsAware/":

Server Error in '/a-Expense.ClaimsAware' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: ID1024: The configuration property value is not valid.
Property name: 'certificateReference'
Error: 'ID1025: Cannot find a unique certificate that matches the criteria.
StoreName: 'My'
StoreLocation: 'LocalMachine'
X509FindType: 'FindBySubjectName'
FindValue: 'CN=adatum''

Source Error: 


Line 88:                 
Line 89:             
Line 90:             
Line 91:                 
Line 92:             

Source File: C:\_Code\1SingleSignOn\1-SingleSignOn\Code\a-Expense.ClaimsAware\web.config    Line: 90 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Can anybody help me? I can see the three installed certificates in my local certificate storage in IIS under the server --> Server Certificates (I see adatum, fabrikam, and litware). I think everything was setup properly according to the little documentation I've got. I have compiled all 5 solution files as well and no matter what combination I compile them, I cannot get this working properly. 

Right now, the only thing I can get to is any of the *.Portal sites and any of the .NoClaims websites.

Thank you!

 

Micah

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Turns out this is the problem. 

In IIS7 and Windows 7, the certificates were not installed for 'My' and you cannot search for them by CN=localhost...don't ask me why.

Here is what I changed in the web.config files:

<certificateReference x509FindType="FindBySubjectName" storeLocation="LocalMachine" findValue="Adatum"/>

(and obviously a corresponding one for each Adatum, Litware, and Fabrikam)