Lab01/ Ex 05 - AD FS Question

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I am working with the LAb01 / Ex 05 and realized that it does work perfectly till a application pool reset on the iis happens.

From the first application pool recycle I get the following error until I stop my IE and restart the IE.

Is there any workaround so that I do not need to close IE when a recycle happens?

ID1014: The signature is not valid. The data may have been tampered with.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: ID1014: The signature is not valid. The data may have been tampered with.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[CryptographicException: ID1014: The signature is not valid. The data may have been tampered with.]
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.RsaSignatureCookieTransform.Decode(Byte[] encoded) +1279
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Tokens.SessionSecurityTokenHandler.ApplyTransforms(Byte[] cookie, Boolean outbound) +189
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Tokens.SessionSecurityTokenHandler.ReadToken(XmlReader reader, SecurityTokenResolver tokenResolver) +894
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Tokens.SessionSecurityTokenHandler.ReadToken(Byte[] token, SecurityTokenResolver tokenResolver) +118
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.SessionAuthenticationModule.ReadSessionTokenFromCookie(Byte[] sessionCookie) +363
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.SessionAuthenticationModule.TryReadSessionTokenFromCookie(SessionSecurityToken& sessionToken) +124
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.SessionAuthenticationModule.OnAuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs) +61
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I've encountered this problem too,...

anyone solved it ?!

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:59 AM

can anyone please provide a solution to this?

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

it may sound bit strange, but after few hours of searching for solution, I decided to try to load application (web role) on a different machine, and bam! it worked!

so on my dev machine I've just cleared up cookies & other browser data and tried it again.

with success.

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

it may sound bit strange, but after few hours of searching for solution, I decided to try to load application (web role) on a different machine, and bam! it worked!

so on my dev machine I've just cleared up cookies & other browser data and tried it again.

with success.